Current Affairs July 2018
1)Which heritage buildings of India now have a UNESCO World Heritage tag?
Mumbai’s Iconic Victorian and Art Deco Buildings.
2) Who took the charge as Managing director of State Bank of India?
3) Which state High Court declares animals to be ‘legal persons’?
4) Which bank received SEBI approval to venture into mutual fund business?
5) Recently, the name of which airport was changed to Maharaja Bir Bikram maniya Kishore Airport?
6) Which state recently made dope test mandatory for all the government employees?
7) Which state government has launched “One farmer one transformer” Scheme?
8) Where will India’s first private UV factory be installed?
9) Microsoft has recently signed an agreement to provide digital training to college students of which state?
10) What is the name of India Women Cricket team coach recently resigned?
11) Who has recently unveiled India’s first Internet telephony service?
12) Which state’s cabinet has approved IT Policy 2018?
13) Which state gov. will digitize and preserve rare documents?
14) Which Commission has recently released the first Delta Ranking?
15) Where is the first blockchain center being developed?
16) Who has appointed as an ICICI Bank’s part-time Non-executive Chairman?
17) Which state government has announced a new scheme ‘Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana’?
18) IRDA allowed LIC to buy up to 51% stake in debt-ridden of which Bank?
19) Which company acquired Radisys Corporation?
Reliance Industries Limited.
20) Who has appointed as the MD & CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank?
Ex-PNB executive T Latha.
21) Which state government started the scheme to provide milk to school students?
22) Who has been honoured with Kalidas Samman for the year 2018?
Anjolie Ela Menon awarded Kalidas Samman for visual arts.
23) Who has appointed as a CMD of SAIL recently?
24) Which state has assured to recommend the death penalty for drug peddlers?
25) Who has appointed as Chief Justice of Hyderabad High Court?
Justice TBN Radhakrishnan.
26) Where will be India’s first e-waste plant?
27) Who became the first woman DGP of Puducherry?
28) What is the new name of the Sports Authority of India changed recently?
29) Who appointed as a president of payment council of India (PCI) recently?
30)Which organization has successfully carried out flight tests for the Crew Escape System?
31) Which bank has recently decided to ban the transaction of cryptocurrency?
Reserve Bank of India.
32) Which Bank’s home loan portfolio crosses Rs 1.5 trillion recently?
33) Recently where the first meeting of the e-commerce task force was held?
New Delhi in the supervision of Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia.
34) Recently who has been appointed as NGT chairperson after retirement from Supreme court?
Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel.
35) Which country has recently decided to jointly promote tourism with India?
36) Where Samsung opened the world’s largest phone factory in India?
Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
37) Who is Master of Roster, according to the supreme court?
Chief Justice is Master of Roster, has the Power to assign cases.
38) Who has made the history by winning a gold medal in gymnastics FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup?
39) Which book has been voted as the best-ever man booker prize winner?
‘The English Patient’.
40) Which city is hosting the International Round Table Conference on “Data for New India”?
41) Who became the first president of the Rajya Sabha to sign MOU with a foreign counterpart?
42) Which state started “Anna Canteens”?
43) Who is the third most followed world leader with 42 million followers on twitter?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
44) Which country’s Parliament has recently ratified the new gender change law?
45) Which country became regional head of Asia Pacific at World Customs Organization?
46) Who won the Football FIFA world cup 2018?
47) Who won Wimbledon in woman’s single recently?
Angelique Kerber from Germany.
48) Which country’s government has approved capital punishment for drug offenses?
49) Which MOU has been recently signed between the Indian Army and SBI recently?
MOU on Defence Salary Package signed between Indian Army and State Bank of India.
50) Which country poised to take US seat at UN rights council?
51) Who has become first Indian woman to win a gold medal at IAAF?
52) When has World Youth skill day been celebrated recently?
53) The first India Tourism Mart (IMT) will be held in Which city?
54) Who has appointed High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation?
55) Who won Wimbledon in Man’s single recently?
Novak Djokovic from Serbia (beats Kevin Anderson).
56) India has bagged how many medals in the Asia Cup World Archery Ranking Tournament Stage 3?
Four medals, 3 silver medals, and a bronze.
57) Who Launched the First Integrated Bridge Management System?
58) What is the name of the Brexit Secretary who has recently resigned from the post?
59) Which Frontline Indian warship reached Lanka on goodwill visit?
60) Who has recently inaugurated the “Data for New India” International Round Table Conference?
D.V. Sadananda Gowda.
61) Who will lead Indian Hockey team in 18th Asian Games?
62) Who has launched the first double stack dwarf container service of Indian Railways and from where?
Piyush Goyal and from Rajkot division.
63) Where the world’s Earth’s oldest biological colour has been discovered?
Rocks beneath the Sahara Desert.
64)Which day celebrated as world population day recently?
65) On which Payments Bank RBI lifted the ban to enroll new customers?
Airtel Payment Bank.
66) Who has recently been appointed the new Director General of ICWA?
67) Where has the new solar plant of NTPC been inaugurated recently?
68) Which cooperative bank license canceled by RBI recently?
Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank.
69) Who was recently awarded the Knowledge Excellence Award?
Dr. T.K Chand.
70) Who was the first Indian to climb the highest volcano in the world?
Malli Mastan Babu.
71) Which state government has launched a free pilgrimage scheme for senior citizens?
72) Who has won the bronze medal in Junior weight lifting recently?
73) Who was selected as president of AIU recently?
74) Recently who has been selected as Asia’s Richest person?
75) India will operate which country’s (emptiest) airport?
The Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Srilanka.
76) Who is the world third-richest man according to recent reports?
77) Recently, who has been appointed by the UK’s new Foreign Secretary?
78) Which country’s scientists performed first 3D, colour X-ray on a human?
79) Who became Oldest Indian woman to complete Ironman Triathlon?
Anju Khosla at the age of 52.
80) Which state government has banned the use of Thermocol cutlery?
81) Which states have recently been on top of “ease of doing business”?
A.P. and Telangana.
82) Which Indian INS departed for Tall ship race 2018?
83) Who has recently recommended betting exchanges?
Law Commission of India.
84) Recently when the International Co-operative Day was celebrated?
85) Who has become the second Indian to climb the highest volcano in the world?
86) Who has been appointed as the Head UN Military Observer Group for monitoring the ceasefire of India and Pakistan?
Major General Jose Eladio Alcain of Uruguay.
87) Which foreign Bank got the permission from Reserve Bank of India to operate in India?
Bank of China.
88) Which country issued decree transferring powers to the president?
89) Who has won gold and bronze medal at Tbilisi Grand Prix?
Bajrang Punia won gold and Deepak won bronze.
90) Which year’s census data will be stored electronically?
91) Where has the first digital art museum been opened recently?
92) Which country has recently sacked its 18500 employees?
93) What position did India get in the Global Innovation Index 2018?
94) Who has been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame?
Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting, and Claire Taylor Inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
95) Who won the 12th Malaysia Open title 2018?
Lee Chong Wei.
96) Which Pharma company got USFDA nod for pain reliever Ibuprofen?
97) Recently which country declared as the poorest country?
98) When national doctor’s day was observed?
99) Who was selected as International kabaddi chief recently?
Janardan Singh Gehlot.
100) Recently when was GST day celebrated?
101) What is the rank of India in terms of money in Swiss Banks?
102) Who has scored the highest run in T20 Cricket recently?
103) When the International Day of Tropics is observed?
104) Which committee constituted to upgrade norms for computation of economic data?
Ravindra H Dholakia committee.
105) In which state Behdienkhlam Festival Celebrated recently?
106) Which state government has launched the scheme Sambal (subsidized power scheme)?
107) Who has recently won the project of optical fiber cable network of Bharat Net in Chhattisgarh?
108) When was the first-ever UN’s International Day of
109) How many countries in global banks’ ‘high risk’ list?
110) Which state Police recently launched the first cyber forensic van?
111) Which Prime Minister of Pakistan was recently sentenced to 10 years in prison?
112) Who will be the first leftist President in Mexico?
113) What was the theme of Statistics Day – 2018?
Quality Assurance in Official Statistics.
114) Who became the first serving Indian Army officer to complete Ironman competition?
Major General VD Dogra.
115) Which country won the kabaddi masters title?
116) Where was the first meeting of the “Cauvery Water Management Authority” held?
117) In which state India’s first dedicated ‘Khadi Mall’ will set up?
118) Where will Asia’s first patent arbitration center be opened?
119) Who has funded money to rural infra schemes recently?
120) Who set a new national record in women’s 100m race recently?
121) Who has become the First Hindu Candidate to Win a National Assembly seat in Pakistan?
Mahesh Kumar Malani.
122) Which MOU has been recently signed between the Indian Army and SBI recently?
MoU on Defense Salary Package signed between Indian Army and State Bank of India.
123)Who won Wimbledon in woman’s single recently?
Angelique Kerber from Germany.
124)Which country poised to take US seat at UN rights council ?
125) Who has appointed as next Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Naval Command?
Vice-Admiral Anil Kumar Chawla.
126) Who inaugurated Three-day National Traders’ conclave?
127) Who will be the next Prime minister of Pakistan and from which Political Party?
Imran Khan, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf.
128) How many Indians featured in Fortune’s 40 under 40 lists of most influential people in Business?
CFO (Chief Finance Officer) General Motors Dhivya Suryadevara (4TH POS)
Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud (14 POS),
Cofounder and Co-CEO of Robinhood Baiju Bhatt (24),
Female Founders Fund founding partner Anu Duggal (32).
129) Who declared as ‘Player of The Year’ By AIFF?
130) Which software (OS) of Google will replace Android in the future?
131)Where will PM Narendra Modi go to attend BRICS Summit next week?
132) Which country’s law declares the Country the ‘Nation-State of the Jewish People’?
133) Who destroyed 100 meters backstroke world record?
134) Recently PM Modi went for how many countries visit?
3 Countries (Rwanda, Uganda, South Africa).
135)Which company is going to set up 3 EV charging stations at Cognizant’s Hyderabad campus?
136)Who replaced Vaithianathan as Managing Director of Tata Capitals?
137) Which planet is going to make its closest approach to Earth in 15 years?
138) PM Narendra Modi gifted 200 cows to which country recently?
139) Lok Sabha passed which Bill recently for Big loan offenders?
Fugitive Economic Offender bill.
140) Who has become New Member Staff Railway Board?
Shri S.N. Agrawal.
141) Where has the world Junior squash championship recently started?
142) Which national Bank launched the “Centre for climate change”?
143) Who had signed MoU To Give Scientific Validation to Ayurveda?
AIIA and IIT Delhi.
144) Which city hosted the UNICEF 18th International Children’s Film Festival?
Kolkata to host 32 films from 17 countries.
145) Which state Assembly passed a resolution to rename State as ‘Bangla’?
146) Which Foundation will fund Rs 200 Crores for Construction of Metro Station at Konappana Agrahara, Bangalore?
147) Which state government has recently launched “Abhar aapki sewa ka” app under e-pension system?
Chhattisgarh government by chief minister Raman Singh.
148) Who has written the most ambitious book written on Mahatma Gandhi recently?
149) Which state becomes India’s Top State in Producing Renewable Energy?
150)Which country became the regional head of Asia Pacific at the World Customs Organization?
151)When is International Tiger Day celebrated?
152) Who has appointed as the Chancellor of Pondicherry Central University?
Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu.
153) Which country will host 2020 Olympic games?
154) Which IIT has generated the highest revenue amongst all?
155) Which two companies jointly launched Shopper audience network to deliver better value to video advertisers?
Flipkart and Hotstar.
156) Which ministry launched ‘Childline-1098’ contest?
Women and Child Development Ministry.
157) Which state government launched ‘’Green Mahanadi Mission’’?
158) Which state government has launched Sanchar Kranti Yojana and by whom?
President Ram Nath Kovind launched the Chhattisgarh government’s ‘Sanchar Kranti Yojana’ here, under which free smartphones will be distributed to 50 lakh people in the state.
159) Which state registered the biggest increase in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)?
160) When is Kargil Vijay Diwas observed??
161) Where will the first ceramics Triennale of India be held?
162) Recently which bank inaugurated the first All woman branch in India?
Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
163) Which state’s CM has released tribal atlas for its tribal areas?
CM Naveen Patnaik of Odisha.
164) What is the name of new NASA’s Mission to Touch the Sun Arrives in the Sunshine State?
parker solar probe.
165)Who won the Football FIFA world cup 2018?
166)Who has won Gold at Spanish Grand Prix?
167)In which state of India Foundation stone of skill training institute laid recently?
168) Which state govt. announced ‘Urban Sanitation and Cleanliness Policy recently?
169) Which company will replace Airtel as India’s largest telecom operator?
170) Who selected as a first woman high court Judge of Pakistan?
171) Which country will host an Asian education meet in October 2018?
172) Who has started “Student Police cadet” Project in Gurugram recently?
173)Where will be BIMSTEC summit-2018 will be held?
Kathmandu, Nepal in August 2018.
174)Who has won the German grand prix recently?
175) Which country has topped the 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index?
The United Kingdom.
176) Which Bollywood personality has been conferred D Litt (Honoris Causa) by Kazi Nazrul University in West Bengal??
177)Who has recently reached to top of ICC ODI rankings for batsmen with 911 points?
178) Which space agency launched ‘Remote Sensing Toolkit”?
179) For which temple of India Supreme Court says denial of entry to Women is against the constitutional mandate?
180) Who won silver in Junior Asian Wrestling Championships?
181)Which Indian player has recently reached to top 10 lists of ICC ODI rankings for bowler’s chart?
Kuldeep Yadav (6th Position).
182) Who became the quickest batsman to reach 1000 Runs in ODIs?
183) According to Public Affairs Index (PAI) 2018, Which state topped the list as a best-governed state
in the country followed by Tamil Nadu?
184) Which student of Indian origin recently nominated as “British Indian of the year” for UK national yoga championship?
185) Where have India’s first government-sponsored transgender poets meet held recently?
186) Which country lifted the state of emergency after 2 years?
187)Which Pharma company got USFDA approval to produce cancer injection from Halol site?
188)What is the name of the mission in which India and Pakistan’s militaries will participate in Russia’s anti-terror drill in August 2018?
189) Which country’s court sentenced former president Park Geun-hye to eight more years in prison?
190)Which state allows 20% capital investment subsidy for IT, ITes, ESDM firms?
191) Who has been selected for ‘Sangita Kalanidhi’ award of the Music Academy?
192) Who became the highest paid entertainer of the world according to Forbes list?
Floyd May weather.
193) Which state government launched ‘Bijli Mitra’ app for its farmers??
194) How much pension will be given to Olympic medals winners?
Rs 20000 per month.
195) Who has won the men’s doubles title at Lagos International Badminton?
Mannu Attri-Sumeeth Reddy.
196) Which app has been launched for Rajya Sabha members?
197) PM Narendra has signed how many memorandums of understanding with Uganda?
198) Who Won FIFA World Cup 2018 goal of the tournament award?
Benjamin Pavard stunner.
199)Where PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bansagar Canal Project recently?
200)How many medals did India win in world Junior wushu championships recently?
India wins 9 medals in World Junior Wushu Championships. (Four silver and Five Bronze).
201) When is the world Hepatitis day observed?
202) Which organization has selected India for Developing Flash Flood Warning System?
World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
203) Which Private sector bank reported a loss of 120 Crores for the first time?
204) Border Road Organization (BRO) completed a strategic road in which country?
205) Which country has recently given permission for women to fly airplanes?
206) Which institute unveiled the World’s First Remotely Operable Microscope?
207) Which government authority plans to hear cases using video-conferencing?
National Green Tribuna (NGT).
208) Who launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ Campaign and in which state?
Manohar Lal Khattar, Haryana.
209)Who won the title of Thailand Open 2018, badminton by beating PV Sindhu?
210) Which film won the TOP 3 award at US Fest?
Assamese Film “Xhoihobote Dhemalite”.
211) Recently who won the Russian open badminton championship?
212)Who had donated $3.4 billion to Gates Foundation, 4 other charities?
213)Who introduced Bill against human trafficking recently?
214)In which country Trump-Putin Summit was held recently?
215) Who has recently unveiled IT policy in Goa?
Union minister for Electronics and Information Technology “Ravi Shankar Prasad”.
216) Government pledges to eliminate viral hepatitis by which year?
217) Recently, which state has declared SC / ST employees reservation in promotion?
218) Which state’s government launched a solar scheme to increase farmer’s income?
219) Which Indian Metro becomes the world’s first completely ‘green’ Metro system?
220) Which city will host the International Blockchain Congress?
221) Which technology has been launched by the Indian government to check the vehicle theft?
222) Who has been crowned Miss Asia (Deaf) 2018??
223) Which state’s CM inaugurated 7 days “Kharchi Puja”??
Tripura Chief Minister Bipal Kumar Deb.
224) Which company will launch Athena, a satellite-based ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
225) Who has been nominated as the world’s most expensive goalkeeper?
226) Which Indian 400m sprinter set a new national record recently?
Indian sprinter Muhammed Anas Yahiya.
227) Which railway zone launched App to buy unreserved tickets?
North-Central Rly launches “UTS ONLINE MOBILE” Application.
228) Which country’s compound archery women team became world No.1 recently?
India women’s compound archery.
229) Which country has declared that Indian Passport holders will no more require of an airport transit visa while transiting through the country?
230)Which banks have joined hands to provide collateral free credit through Joint Liability Groups (JLG’s) in Telangana?
State Bank of India and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
231) What was the time duration of the longest Lunar eclipse (blood moon) of a century?
1 hour and 43 Minutes.
232) Which company is at 4th Position in terms of Market Valuation?
233) Which Govt department will launch ‘Mission Satyanishtha’ to wipe out corruption?
234) Which company presented Infra icon award recently?
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
235) Who has recently scaled Africa’s highest peaks Mount Kilimanjaro?
236) Name the law which Government is making to help NRI Marriages?
Summons and Warrants Against Indian People Living Abroad.
237)Who has appointed as chairmen of Bhushan steel recently?
T. V. Narendran.
238) Who received the International Player of the year award recently?
239) Who recently launched Innovation India Platform?
Shri. R Ramanan, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission, and Shri.Arvind Gupta CEO, MyGov.
240) Gandhi Heritage Centre will be built in which country?
241) PM launched how many investment projects for Uttar Pradesh?
242) Which state government has set up a 24-hour helpline for inter-caste couples?
243)Who will likely to get management control of debt-ridden IDBI Bank?
244)How many members took oath in Rajya Sabha recently?
245) Which organization started to put QR code in their books?
246)Which state’s chief minister launched e-Pragati platform recently?
Andhra Pradesh CM.
247) Which country joined International Solar Alliance, becomes the 68th member of grouping?
248) Recently, who has been declared the new rules for Telecom companies?
249) Who won gold in Junior Asian Wrestling Championships?
250) Which Indian e-commerce company started fights against human trafficking with “Kids Not For Sale” Campaign?
Snapdeal on 30th of July 2018.
251)Who won Wimbledon in Man’s single recently?
Novak Djokovic from Serbia (beats Kevin Anderson).
252) Which satellite launched by NASA for new planet hunting?
Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS).
253) Which state started Milk Mission recently?
254) Who is an Indian player won the Gold medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Turkey?
Wrestlers Bajrang Punia.
255)Who has unveiled a blueprint of the “Deep Ocean Mission”?
Union Earth Sciences Ministry.
256) Who was the Indian Novelist recently died at the age of 95?
257)What will the name of Tokyo 2020 Olympics mascots?
Miraitowa and Someity.
258) Which company Launched Online Toolkit to Promote Commercial Use of Satellite Data?
259)Which Indian INS departed for Tall ship race 2018?
260) Which Bank signs MoU with ten companies to loan Rs 500 cr?
Bank of Baroda.
261) Which temple of south India recently obtained ISO certification?
262) New era has been named after which Indian state?
263) Recently which IT company became the third biggest IT company in India?
HCL by displacing Wipro.
264) How many Indians got the Magsaysay award 2018?
2 Indians got the Magsaysay Award
Bharat Vatwani and Sonam Wangchuk.
265) Which is the first airport in the world got UN environmental award ‘Champion of Earth’?
266) Which Non-banking finance company awarded for “NABARD AWARD 2018”?
Repco Micro Finance.
267) Which of Indian city is a third best city in the list of 15 Best cities in the world?
268) Who has appointed as new CEO of HSBC India?
269) Where the International Army Games 2018 declared open?
270) Which Finance bank started commercial operations recently?
Jana Small Finance Bank.
271) Who won a gold medal in Savo games 2018 in Finland by beating Cheng of Taipei?
272)Which company became a second most valuable company of U.S. recently?
273) At which place of Uttar Pradesh new medical college has been approved by the Central government?
274) Indian Air force will participate in which 3-week multinational exercise?
Pitch Black 2018.
275)When Youth skill day has been celebrated recently?
276) Who has become new MD & CEO of Tata AIA Life?
Follow us on;
Google plus: https://plus.google.com/113222629742273723444